Samstag, 11. August 2012

veganized it! chocolate banana cupcakes

I wanted to make a simple cakey thing for the weekend. And we had two really ripe bananas. But I didn't want to make the same banana cupcakes I've been making a few times (and which dd loves) yet again, so I went to the recipe bookshelf and found a recipe that sounded good. Except that it needed veganizing. And improving here and there. The book wants to sell these as muffins, but they have more oil and sugar than I like to put in my muffins, so I'd call them cupcakes. They should be nice with a chocolate ganache on top. Oh, and because they were kind of meant to be muffins, they either make more than 12 or 12 biggish cupcakes. Right, here goes.

125 ml soy milk
2 tsp cider vinegar
100 ml oil
3 tbsp soy yoghurt
175g brown sugar

175g plain flour
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp cinnamon
3 tbsp cocoa powder
2 ripe mashed bananas

Mix the soy milk with the vinegar and allow to curdle. Mix in oil, yoghurt and sugar. Sift in flour, baking powder and soda, cinnamon and cocoa powder. Mix until everything is wet. Fold in mashed bananas. Pour into lined muffin pan and bake in a preheated oven at 175 degrees for about 25 mins.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen